Be part of the Big Collective Ignition against oil exploitation in Québec!
JUNE 20 at 8 P.M.
A CALL OUT TO ALL QUÉBECERS: ALREADY 20 MUNICIPALITIES ON BOARD!
ATSA invites citizens and organizations throughout the province to take part in a Big Collective Ignition! Let us take advantage of the energy and momentum imparted by the solstice and the Fête Nationale to talk about Québec's future, and to say NO to oil.
Fires meant to denounce oil exploration and exploitation projects in Québec as well as the transport of hydrocarbons across our territory for the purposes of export. These will be vigilant, creative, pagan protests and gatherings in this solstice period, all united against oil development and exploitation in Québec, be it along the Saint Lawrence River or anywhere else in the province.
At 8 p.m. on June 20, or in the interval between June 17 and 24, let us take to social media and set it on fire by declaring:
“I say NO to oil... AND ALL BECOMES POSSIBLE!”
Sign elanglobal.org @ATSAmontreal #EnergieEst
Each in our own homes, but united in gesture, let us undertake:
A series of actions, with or without a fire, whether solitarily or in a gathering!
Actions involving a fire:
Spell out the word N-O-N using wooden skids then set it ablaze!
- Light a conventional fire between June 17 and 24 (Saint-Jean bonfires included!)
- Light candles or lanterns: a number of them to spell out N-O-N, or light one in front of your home!
Actions without a fire:
Spell out N-O-N using wooden skids, as per our supplied instructions, and illuminate it or dress it up with your words of hope for Québec!
Make your N-O-N using rocks, or write it on the sand, or make a human N-O-N! Let your creativity be your guide!
Let your installation make a statement for as long as you like!
The important thing is to photograph and/or film it/yourself and to share on the social media (#elanglobalqc) along with the statement: “Je dis NON au pétrole ! Et tout devient possible !”
Our action also involves:
- reading up on and signing the Élan Global manifesto
- downloading the soundtrack and sharing it with others!
- talking about Québec's future without oil
- discussing the various options available for divesting, both individually and collectively, from this dirty, counter-productive form of energy and investing in an equitable, viable future.
-AND LET'S MAKE OURSELVES SEEN AND HEARD:
Participate in the ...ET TOUT DEVIENT POSSIBLE ! events in your neighbourhood and municipality
Follow us @ATSAmontreal et @Elanglobalqc #Elanglobalqc